Lie on a flat bench holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip.
- Start by holding the dumbbells slightly wider than shoulder width apart above your shoulders. Your palms should be facing forward.
- Slowly bend your elbows until they are at a 90 degree angle and your upper arms are parallel to the ground.
- Push the weights up by straightening your arms.
- As you push the weights up, move your arms in an arc to bring the dumbbells together, until they meet over the center of your chest. Hold for a count of one.
- Lower the dumbbells by slowly bending your elbows back to 90 degrees.
- Continue lowering your arms until they are a little lower than parallel to the floor. (Your elbows should be pointing slightly towards the floor and you should feel a stretch in your chest muscles and shoulders.)